Today's podcast discusses traditional resource management approaches that are used the monitor and manage tourism and travel development and impacts. I then discuss the different ways that Geographic Information Systems can be used to plan and manage tourism. [Total length: 30min 22sec.]
- GREEN GLOBE 21 is the worldwide benchmarking and certification program which facilitates sustainable travel and tourism for consumers, companies and communities
- A Strategic Overview of Ecotourism Accreditation and Certification:The Road Forward
- The State of Tourism/GIS Education and a Solution (pdf)
- GIS for Tourism Management (website)
- Hasse, Julia C. and Milne, Simon (2005) Participatory Approaches and Geographical Information Systems (PAGIS) in Tourism Planning. Tourism Geographies vol. 7 (No. 3, August): pp. 272-289.