Monday, April 24, 2006

G4T #33: Scuba Diving at Rocky Point [Puerto Penasco], Mexico

This is a Geography for Travelers Podcast related post (click on the title above to download the .mp3 file)

Today's Geography for Travelers podcast is all about my first trip to Rocky Point (aka Puerto Penasco), Mexico. It was a fascinating trip, beyond my preconceived stereotypes of this popular Spring Break destination. I also talk about my open water SCUBA dive certification, which was mostly why I went there.

Length: 23min, 41sec
Promo: Amateur Traveler Podcast

Links to more information on Rocky Point/Puerto Penasco, Mexico

Some Photos related to the podcast:

Beach at low tide:
Same Beach at High Tide:
Old Town in foreground with the Sandy Beach Resorts in distance:
Sand Pit at Sandy Beach:
Master Plan for Sandy Beach -- the golf courses that are shown below are currently just empty fields of sand and dirt for ATVs.