-- Click on the title above to listen to this podcast --
Today's podcast focuses on the natural environment: how tourists relate to the natural environment, the impacts of tourism on the natural environment, and closing with a few words on ecotourism.
Ecotourism -- Personally, I prefer to pronounce ecotourism as 'ee-co-tourism' - with a long 'e', which I derive from the world "ecology." Some people (maybe the majority?) prefer to say 'e-co-tourism' - with a short 'e', as in 'elephant'. I assume they are basing this on the word 'ecosystem', which is sometimes (often?) pronounced with a short 'e'. Dictionary.com uses the long 'e' pronunciation, so perhaps I am in the majority.
Total Length: 30 minutes, 19 seconds. If you have any thoughts on this feel free to leave a comment, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the links to items mentioned in today's podcast:
* Australia Garners Friendliest Nation in the World Award - Travel News Wire
* Grand Canyon to Get Glass Bridge - National Geographic News
* City OKs Subsidies for Downtown Hotel - Los Angeles Times
* Cruise Ship Repels Somali Pirates - BBC News (also has a link to a video news clip)
* The Amateur Traveler Podcast