Monday, February 06, 2006

G4T #25: Sustainable Development in Historical Context

This is a Geography for Travelers podcast related post(click on the title above to download the .mp3 file)

Tourism has played more of a role in the historical evolution of 'sustainable development' than you probably thought. Also discussed are (1) the surge in gay and non-gay tourism to Wyoming due to the popularity of the moview Breakback Mountain, and (2) Bali's slow tourism recovery from the October 2005 terrorist attacks that took place there.

You may notice a change in the sound quality of this podcast. I finally got a mixer and I think it is making a huge difference. I may be a bit strong on the bass, however, mostly because I am trying to reduce the sibilance ("ess" - sound). However, I will be playing with the setting more in the future as I try to further improve things. Any listener feedback on this would be appreciated.

Here are links to the stories discussed in the podcast: