Monday, October 09, 2006

G4T #42: I Climbed Ayers Rock - I Did Not Climb Uluru

This is a Geography for Travelers Podcast related post (click on the title above to download the .mp3 file)

There are two popular t-shirts that are sold at Ayers Rock/Uluru in the middle of the Outback of Australia. One says "I climbed Ayers Rock" the other says "I Did Not Climb Uluru". In today's podcast I talk about recent visit to Ayers Rock last summer, and about the issue of "to climb or not to climb." As interesting as this issue is, most of the podcast is actually an even more interesting soundseeing tour of the Wala Walk along the base of Uluru. This is part of the podcast is only about a 22+ minute-long editing of the 1.5 hour long ranger-guided walk.

You can read more about my family's visit to Ayers Rock/Uluru National Park on either of these two travel blog sites:

MyLifeOfTravel

VCarious

Total Podcast Length: 33min 06sec