Thursday, January 11, 2007

Nepal Tourism Research - Namche Bazaar and Beyond

This is a Travel Geographer Blog only post (this is a blog, not a podcast)

7 January 2007

6:30pm

I had yak steak for dinner tonight. It was lean and a bit on the tough and stringy side, but not gamey. We are staying at the Panorama Lodge in Namche Bazaar and I was hoping to have a room with electricity to recharge my camera and computer batteries. Unfortunately, the deluxe rooms that have that are currently unavailable for some reason. I do have a light bulb, but no outlet. So instead, I am charging everything in the restaurant, where there is one plug. My camcorder battery is fully charged now, and my computer is about half charged. My one dead camera battery is currently plugged into the outlet charging.

... For the full text of this blog entry go here:
http://seasiatourism.blogspot.com/2007/01/nepal-research-project-namche-bazaar.html

Photo: the Mong La Pass, at about 13,117 feet -- the highest point on our trek.
FYI - You can see all the photos from my trip to Nepal at: http://flickr.com/photos/alew
-- see the Nepal Set of photos